Holiday Bonus Day, 12/31/15

September 23, 2015

Dear Staff Colleagues:

I am sure many of you are already beginning to make plans for the winter holidays, which offer a unique opportunity to spend time with family and friends, and a welcome chance to relax after a busy semester.

I am pleased to announce that this year the university will give all staff one bonus day off: Thursday, December 31, 2015. This bonus day will be in addition to the previously announced university holidays on Thursday and Friday, December 24 and 25, 2015, and Friday, January 1, 2016. In conjunction with the standard holiday days off, the bonus day will provide two consecutive long weekends.

The bonus day will apply to all benefits-eligible Tufts staff. As has been our practice for some time, we have asked our custodial contractor, DTZ, to offer the same bonus days to its employees on our campuses.

The provision of necessary services will require some staff to work on December 31. Supervisors will be in touch with those of you who need to come in that day, and will determine whether you can identify another day to take as a bonus day or will receive comparable pay. I appreciate your flexibility and understanding.

I hope that all of you are looking forward to a happy holiday season.

Best wishes,

Tony Monaco