November 7, 2011

Dear Staff Colleagues:

I am sure many of you are already beginning to make plans for the winter holidays. The holidays offer a unique opportunity to connect with loved ones, and a welcome chance to relax after a busy semester.

I am pleased to announce that this year the university will give all staff two bonus days off: Friday, December 23, and Friday, December 30, 2011. These two bonus days will be in addition to the previously announced university holidays on Monday, December 26, 2011, and Monday, January 2, 2012. These bonus days will apply to all benefits-eligible Tufts staff. In conjunction with the standard holiday days off, they will provide two consecutive four-day weekends.

The provision of necessary services will require some staff to work on December 23 and/or December 30. Supervisors will be in touch with those of you who need to come in those days, and will determine whether you can identify another day to take as a bonus day or will receive comparable pay. I appreciate your flexibility and understanding.

I hope that these bonus days will give you more opportunity to spend time with family and friends.

Best wishes,

Tony